NAWA welcomes applications from professional women artists, as well as emerging and student artists. Membership is open to U.S. citizens and/or permanent U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older. The benefits of belonging to this nationally recognized and prestigious organization are many.
Benefits of Membership
- Exhibition opportunities in juried and curated exhibitions in New York City and nationwide, in museums, university galleries, commercial galleries and art centers, as well as the NAWA Gallery. See our current and upcoming Exhibitions.
- Inclusion in our Annual Catalog which lists all current members with contact information.
- Eligibility in our Awards Program with awards totaling upwards of $10,000 annually.
- Participation in educational programs including lectures, panels and salons.
- Membership in NAWA’s Florida Chapter for a nominal additional fee
- The opportunity to submit artwork to the NAWA permanent collection at the Jane Voorhees Zimmerli Art Museum at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ (currently on hiatus.) The collection contains the work of artists dating from 1889 to the present and is available for research to art historians and scholars. Until further notice – this inclusion is on hold.
- Members’ names and achievements are archived in numerous museums and libraries.
Membership Categories for Artists:
Regular Membership – Juried
Professional women artists, U.S. citizens or permanently residing in the U.S., over 18 years of age and working in Painting (oil, acrylic, encaustic and other standard media), Works on Paper (water color, pastel, acrylic, drawing, printmaking, photography, computer art) sculpture, mixed media/collage, video art and installation art are encouraged to apply for Regular Membership. Annual dues: $135.00/year. (See downloads for application form).
Associate Membership – Non-Juried
Emerging artists, permanent U.S. citizens or permanently residing in the U.S., over 18 years of age and working in the same media as above, are welcome to apply for Associate Member status until such time as they decide to apply for juried
Membership. Applications are accepted by October 1 of each year and membership expires September 30 of the following year. Associate Members can apply for Regular Membership status at any time during that period. Annual dues: $60.00 (see downloads for application form).
Student Artists –Juried
Students who are presently enrolled in an accredited university or art school in a B.F.A., M.F.A. or M.A. program, U.S. citizens or permanently residing in the U.S. and between 18 and 35 years of age, are welcome to apply for Student Membership, which is juried. Applications are accepted in September and March of each year. Student members can maintain their membership status for up to five years but at any time can apply for Regular membership. Annual dues: $50.00. (See downloads for application form).
Friend and Supporter of NAWA
NAWA is inviting artists, non-artists, representatives of businesses or Galleries, art appreciators and/or patrons of the arts, to apply for this membership category. You will receive ALL exhibition invitations, notifications of programs and events and the NAWA yearly calendar, during the NAWA calendar year (October 1 – September 20) and your name will be included in the NAWA catalog, website, and Archives. (See downloads for application form).
Application Deadline, Process
Applications for Regular Membership-Student Membership-Associate Membership are accepted two times per year, in March and September. Check the Calendar for the next Membership deadline.